This week’s Contrabass Conversations episode features a continuation of our interview with Indiana University double bass professor Lawrence Hurst plus some music from plus some music from the Italian bass ensemble The Bass Gang. You can check out episode 20 of the podcast for the first part of this interview with Mr. Hurst, and detailed information for both guests is available in the show notes below. Enjoy!
Highlights from Past Episodes
- CBC 51: Lawrence Hurst interview part 3
- CBC 20: L. Hurst interview and music from DaXun Zhang
- 399: Miles Brown on Alarm Will Sound, extended techniques, and versatility
- 183: Susan Lipkins on crafting bows, tonal characteristics of wood, and how to choose a bow
- 309: Ted Botsford on auditioning, teaching, and tone research