This week we feature an interview with and music from the Chicago Bass Ensemble. Group founder Jacque Harper joins former Contrabass Conversations guests Michael Hovnanian and Doug Johnson plus double bass blogger John Floeter to create the core quartet of this ensemble.
Ever hear an entire bass quartet interviewed at the same time? We sure haven’t, and getting a chance to sit down with these four good-natured fellows was a lot of fun. After the interview, we feature performances of ‘Prologue’ from Prophetiae Sibyllarum by Orlando di Lassus and the first movement of the Quartet No. 2 by Jan Alm.
Learn more about these four musicians through the following links:
- Jacque Harper – www.chicagobassensemble.com
- Michael Hovnanian – www.csobassblog.blogspot.com
- John Floeter – www.johnfloeterbassstudio.blogspot.com
- Douglas Johnson – www.myspace.com/douglasjohnson
- Gunnelpumpers (featuring Michael and Doug) – www.myspace.com/gunnelpumpers
- Gunnelpumpers on Contrabass Conversations
- Michael on Contrabass Conversations