- Why thinking of your audition preparation as a scientific experiment unlocks your potential.
- How charting your audition progress keeps you from making the same mistakes repeatedly.
- How you can take your auditioning to the next level through changes in mindset.
- Why auditioning is a skill that can be mastered.
Visit winningtheaudition.net to pre-order your copy. You can also sign up for bonus content from the book like my Four Methods of Slow Practice worksheet!
Here’s what people are saying about Winning the Audition:
“Professor Larry Hurst likes to say ‘orchestras are the largest employers of musicians in the world,’ As a result, auditions consume the lives of so many aspiring classical musicians. We have all obsessed over them to the point of auditions becoming mystical events with their own lore and urban legend. That somehow they are won with some kind of secret handshake, studying at the right school, playing like a machine, selling your soul to the devil, etc.
Jason Heath’s new book Winning The Audition goes a long way to demystifying this frequently misunderstood and intimidating process. His book is the most thorough and exhaustive book on orchestra auditions that I have come across for any instrument. Through his book and his podcast, Jason has created one of the most invaluable educational resources available for classical bassists.”
Principal Bass, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Cincinnati CCM
Principal Bass and Faculty, Chautauqua Institution
Discover Double Bass Founder
Oulu Sinfonia, Helsinki
music educator, Grand Rapids
Learn more at winningtheaudition.net!
More links to check out:
- D’Addario string giveaway for Contrabass Conversations listeners
- Road Warrior Without an Expense Account (my first book)
- Winning the Audition podcast series
- contrabassconversations.com/donate (new donation option)
Be sure to subscribe to Contrabass Conversations to get these episodes delivered automatically to your mobile device!
The 10th anniversary of Contrabass Conversations will happen on January 1, 2017! Call into our special voicemail line at (415) 952-5643 and leave a message telling me a thing or two about yourself like:
- your name
- where you live
- how long you’ve played bass
- where you play
- when you discovered the podcast
- your favorite episode(s)
Thanks to our sponsor!
This episode is brought to you by D’Addario Strings! Check out their Zyex strings, which are synthetic core strings that produce an extremely warm, rich sound. Get the sound and feel of gut strings with more evenness, projection and stability than real gut.
Enter the D’Addario strings giveaway for Contrabass Conversations listeners at contrabassconversations.com/strings!