Florian Pertzborn launched the European Orchestra Experience Award for the BASSEUROPE Orchestral Competition this year in Prague.
The recipients were:
- 1st prize: Luzia Vieira
- 2nd prize: Zuzana Blahova
- 3rd prize: Andrea Cocco
Florian and I got a chance to sit down in the beautiful courtyard of the HAMU in Prague to discuss this competition. We talk about why Florian launched this and what benefits he sees it bringing to young double bassists.
We also cover:
- life as a musician in Porto, Portugal
- a typical season for Casa da Música (Florian’s orchestra)
- the international makeup of this orchestra.
It was great to chat with Florian! He’s a great guy and is working hard to provide opportunities for young bassists across Europe.
Links to check out:
- D’Addario strings giveaway!
- Florian’s website
- The Hummel Bass Ensemble Project
- Casa da Música (Florian’s orchestra)
- my appearance on Crushing Classical podcast
- my appearance on Trumpet Dynamics podcast
Subscribe to the podcast to get these interviews delivered to your inbox!
Learn how you can support the show at contrabassconversations.com/support
Thanks to our sponsor!
This episode is brought to you by D’Addario Strings! Check out their Zyex strings, which are synthetic core strings that produce an extremely warm, rich sound. Get the sound and feel of gut strings with more evenness, projection and stability than real gut.
Enter the D’Addario strings giveaway for Contrabass Conversations listeners at contrabassconversations.com/strings!