How do we learn a piece?
That’s a question thatI recently put out to the Contrabass Conversations community. The responses I got back were fascinating.
While we all have a different approach to learning a piece (as you’ll see in this episode!), there are certain recurring approaches that I discovered:
- Listening to recordings
- Watching videos on YouTube.
- Beginning with a “bird’s eye” perspective
- Playing along with recordings.
- Working in chunks.
- Connecting small chunks to form bigger chunks.
- Slow practice.
- Identifying key notes in phrases.