We’ve got a huge amount of helpful content here at Contrabass Conversations! This site has been my passion for over a decade, and I’m so glad to have you here!
Resources on this Site
A good place to start is my free Double Bass Quote book. This book contains inspiring quotes from many of my former podcast guests, including:
Download the free Contrabass Conversations app! You’ll get:
- iOS (iPhone and iPad versions), Android, Kindle, and Windows Mobile versions
- all episodes since the release of the show in 2007 are included
- bonus content for many episodes
- dozens of exclusive video lessons from bass teachers like Andrew Anderson (Lyric Opera, Roosevelt University) and Hans Sturm (former ISB president, Rabbath technique specialist)
- PDF practicing materials and resources
- a free copy of Road Warrior Without an Expense Account, my book about making a living as a working musicians
- push notifications (iOS only) to notify you of new episodes
- helpful articles about practicing, auditions, gear, and more topics pertaining to double bassists
- exclusive audio content and extras available only in the app!
Check out what’s happening across the globe on the Contrabass Conversations bass events calendar! You can submit an event by emailing email@example.com.
I also have an index featuring the hundreds of past episodes organized by guest, topic, ensemble, and teaching position. This is a good way to dive into this wealth of content!
I do a weekly audio/video show covering what’s happening in the double bass world. Check out all past episodes here, and send me any news you’d like shared by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This guide will connect you with the resources you need for teaching and learning the double bass! Getting started? Looking to get better faster? You’ll find what you need below! This is an evolving resource, so expect to see new material and recommendations over time.
This is my book of advice compiled from dozens of leaders in the world of the double bass orchestral performance, including principal bassists from orchestras across the globe. Based on a series of audition-focused podcasts, this book has been expanded and updated into a step-by-step resource for audition preparation. Check it out here!
This ever-evolving resource lists opportunities for summer study across the globe. Whether you’re a complete beginner or an advanced player, you’ll find a camp that work for you in this guide.
I hope you enjoy the resources on this site, and I’d love it if you subscribed to the Contrabass Conversations podcast and followed along with the worldwide double bass conversation happening here!