Radio Hour is a new idea that I’m testing out.
In each episode, I take one topic and explore multiple perspectives from past guests.
Winning the Audition was my first experiment with this type of format format. I’d love your feedback and ideas you might have for future topics!
Today’s topic: Fitness and Healthy Living
We hear from the following nine individuals:
- Alex Hanna (Chicago Symphony and DePaul University)
- Lloyd Goldstein (Certified Music Practicioner at Moffitt Cancer Center)
- David Allen Moore (LA Phil and USC Thornton School of Music)
- Ira Gold (National Symphony and Peabody Conservatory)
- Paul Ellison (Rice University)
- Ian Hallas (Lyric Opera of Chicago)
- Scott Pingel (San Francisco Symphony and Conservatory)
- Guy Tuneh (soloist and chamber musician)
- Jory Herman (San Diego Symphony)
We cover the following sub-topics:
- musical athletes
- weight loss
- the importance of a strong back
- periodicity in exercise and how it might apply to practicing
- martial arts
- being “athletes of the small muscles”
- balancing yourself as a person
Thanks to our sponsor!
This episode is brought to you by D’Addario Strings! Check out their Zyex strings, which are synthetic core strings that produce an extremely warm, rich sound. Get the sound and feel of gut strings with more evenness, projection and stability than real gut.
Enter the D’Addario strings giveaway for Contrabass Conversations listeners at contrabassconversations.com/strings!